Monday, March 14, 2011

chocolate chip cookies.

I've actually tried out a few different ready made GF cookies. It wasn't good. It wasn't good at all. I thought i'd try making them from scratch. I'm SO glad I did. They were so good! No grainy aftertaste or crumble. They didn't even taste gluten free. All of my roommates taste tested one and approved... and they would be honest. Especially my favorite little brunette who is a chocolate chip cookie connoisseur :)

Ingredients: 
(makes about 2 dozen cookies)
2 1/4 cups gluten free flour blend
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp xanthan gum
2 sticks of GF butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp GF vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups of GF chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixer add butter, sugar and brown sugar. Mix together until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs and continue to mix. Slowly add the flour, baking soda, salt and xanthan gum. Mix until well combined... then add the chocolate chips. Drop the cookie dough (about the size of 2 tablespoons) on a greased cookie sheet and cook for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. I like mine to be really soft in the middle, so if you prefer yours with more crunch let them cook a little longer. Just make sure you are watching so they don't burn.



They turned out WAY better than I expected. I can't wait for my non gluten free taste tester to try them out... unfortunately for him, he has tasted all of those ready made cookies. So I'm hoping to get his stamp of approval and hopefully earn a few points for a fantastic gluten free chocolate chip cookie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment