Tuesday, March 8, 2011

egg scramble: 1

I love a good egg scramble. Maybe mostly because I haven't yet conquered an omelette. Also, you can add way more to a scramble than an omelette without it all falling apart. Although, it falling apart could be because of my lack of skill, which is probably more likely. I'm sure I will post a ton of different types of scrambles I make... it's my go to breakfast. I know you are excited:)

Ingredients:
3 eggs
white onion, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
broccoli, chopped
shredded cheese
(optional) a slice of toast with light butter.

Heat a skillet over medium heat... I usually add a little Olive Oil Pam once it is hot enough to help with the sticking. Crack the eggs into a bowl (I use one whole egg and two egg whites. I just separate the yoke from the egg white) and whisk the eggs. You can use however much or little of the veggies as you'd like. Mine is more of a veggie scramble with a little egg added in.. but it is definitely however you'd prefer yours to be. So mix in the chopped veggies to the whisked eggs and pour into the heated skillet. I use a silicone spatula and continue to scramble the egg mixture all together until it is cooked all the way through.


xoxo
katy

No comments:

Post a Comment