Thursday, May 19, 2011

hey shorty, it's your birthday

It was my birthday a few months back and what better way to celebrate than homemade cupcakes??

I actually never eat birthday cake or cupcakes but something about not actually being able to really makes you crave them... :) Plus, I knew I was going to be hanging out with 3 pretty cute kids and I thought they might enjoy a cupcake or two.

I decided to swing by the market and pick up a box of GF cake mix, pudding, frosting and of course sprinkles and candles.

The recipe is super simple to make..

1 box of GF yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker GF Yellow Cake Mix)
1/4 cup of instant vanilla pudding (I used JELL-O Instant Vanilla Pudding)
1 jar of chocolate frosting (I used Betty Crocker Milk Chocolate Frosting)
Sprinkles

First make the instant pudding according to the directions and let it set. I usually only make half because I use so little of it. Then in the mixer make the cake according to the directions. After the batter is made, mix in the pudding. The pudding helps make the cupcake a little more moist. Sometimes what is lacking in GF cakes.

Once the cupcakes cook through add some frosting, sprinkles and a candle. Perfect way to celebrate your GF birthday... well that and these guys helping you blow out the candles.
These cupcakes were delicious. I don't think my roommates appreciated me leaving them out on the counter... but I think they definitely enjoyed a few :)

And can you blame them?? Yep, they tasted as good as they look :)

xoxo
katy


No comments:

Post a Comment